The Reversal of Woman's Fashions

HAS ANYONE NOTICED a peculiar trend in women’s fashions? Well, I mean more peculiar than usual. Pregnant women are wearing clothing that fits like a sausage casing, showing off more than some of us care to see. In the meantime, non-pregnant women of all ages are wearing clothes, especially tops, that look like old  maternity smocks.



Pregnancy Fashions
As for pregnancy fashions, I wonder whether people unrelated to the pregnant woman really want to see her huge, protruding belly and belly button. And do we really need to see pregnant women on the beach wearing bikinis? I'm not implying that pregnancy is anything to be ashamed of. Quite the opposite. But from my perspective, those kinds of revelations are a personal thing between the woman and her husband. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, I wonder how this trend came about. Perhaps the trashy Kardashians had someting to do with it?    


I'm not suggesting women wear those old fashioned tent-like maternity clothing that women my age were relegated to wearing. Today there are a lot of really fashionable, attractive and tasteful maternity clothing that’s not so revealing. Think Ivanka Trump when she was recently pregnant. She always looked spectacular, and not once was she seen wearing a sausage casing dress or bikini. I think it's called sophistication.
                                   Non-Pregnancy Fashions   
And what about those big, long, billowy tops non pregnant wearing? You know, the ones that make women look pregnant when they're not. I know they hide a multitude of sins. But ladies, those tops are not making you look thinner. They just make a large woman look larger and often result in the mistaken and embarrassing congratulatory comments. I did that once. Talk about putting my foot in my mouth. As a result, I no longer comment on pregnancies. Ever.

Not Pregnant
The whole pregnancy non-pregnancy fashion thing leaves me really curious about how this fashion reversal came about and I wonder how others feel about it. 


Let's hear your opinion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream States - Why Do We Dream?

Strange Happenings at the Laundromat